How do you disassemble a Shakespeare reel?
Items you will need
Remove the reel mechanism from the back of the reel housing. Unscrew the handle by removing the screw through the center and set aside these parts. Remove the metal spool cover by extracting the screw through the center. Pull the spool with fishing line off the reel spindle and set aside.
How do you disassemble a fishing reel?
- Turn the knob on top of the spinning reel counterclockwise. …
- Grab the spool of the spinning reel and pull it straight up and off the reel.
- Grab the knob on the opposite side of the reel from the handle. …
- Pull the handle off the reel.
- Locate the screws on the side of the reel.
How do you fix a fishing reel that won’t lock?
- Open the spinning reel bail.
- Connect one fishing line around the line.
- Make a knot tie the reel and line.
- Tie one more knot to match another piece of line.
- Remove the excess part of the line at ¼.”
- Close the bail.
- Wrapped the wire through the reel when you will need.
How do you disassemble a Zebco reel?
Hold the handle of the reel so that it will not rotate. Grasp the spinner head covering the line spool and turn it to the left or counterclockwise to loosen. Continue turning to completely loosen and remove.
How do you fix a fishing reel that won’t reel in?
How to Fix a Fishing Line That Won’t Reel?
- STEP 1: Remove the Housing Cover. Turn the reel housing cover counterclockwise and remove it to see the spool. …
- STEP 2: Check Both Ends of the Spool. Make sure to examine the spool, especially the part of the bushings. …
- STEP 3: Examine the Cast Bail Mechanism. …
- STEP 4: Pinch the Cast Bail.
How do I order Daiwa reel parts?
- WHERE CAN I ORDER PARTS FOR MY REEL?
- Reel parts can be ordered directly through us over the phone by calling (562)375-6800.
- WHERE DO I SEND MY DAIWA ROD AND REEL FOR REPAIR AND SERVICE?
- You may send your reel to any of Daiwa’s Authorized Warranty Centers or to our North American Service Center.