How do you disassemble a fishing reel?
- Hold the spinning reel so the spool faces up.
- Grab the knob on top of the spool, which holds the spool to the reel. On some reels, this knob also controls the drag system. Turn the knob counterclockwise to loosen it.
- Pull the knob off the reel when you can.
- Grab the spool and pull it straight up and off the reel.
How do you disassemble a Shakespeare reel?
Items you will need
Remove the reel mechanism from the back of the reel housing. Unscrew the handle by removing the screw through the center and set aside these parts. Remove the metal spool cover by extracting the screw through the center. Pull the spool with fishing line off the reel spindle and set aside.
How do you fix a fishing reel that won’t lock?
- Open the spinning reel bail.
- Connect one fishing line around the line.
- Make a knot tie the reel and line.
- Tie one more knot to match another piece of line.
- Remove the excess part of the line at ¼.”
- Close the bail.
- Wrapped the wire through the reel when you will need.
How do you fix a fishing reel that won’t reel in?
How to Fix a Fishing Line That Won’t Reel?
- STEP 1: Remove the Housing Cover. Turn the reel housing cover counterclockwise and remove it to see the spool. …
- STEP 2: Check Both Ends of the Spool. Make sure to examine the spool, especially the part of the bushings. …
- STEP 3: Examine the Cast Bail Mechanism. …
- STEP 4: Pinch the Cast Bail.
How do you fix a spinning reel?
What Are the Steps to Fishing Reel Repair?
- Unscrew the nut that fastens the line spool to the reel.
- Unscrew the bail and remove the locknut securing the bail arm.
- Remove the bail spool.
- Inspect the bail and roller, replacing if damaged or corroded.
- Install the new bail through the bail arm.
How do I order Daiwa reel parts?
- WHERE CAN I ORDER PARTS FOR MY REEL?
- Reel parts can be ordered directly through us over the phone by calling (562)375-6800.
- WHERE DO I SEND MY DAIWA ROD AND REEL FOR REPAIR AND SERVICE?
- You may send your reel to any of Daiwa’s Authorized Warranty Centers or to our North American Service Center.
Why does my spinning reel make noise?
Gears are rough or reel makes a grinding noise on retrieve.
Possible Cause: Dirt or debris between spool and rotor, or in gear system.